Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Top Ten Tuesdays: Books I'd Like to See in 30 Years


Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday (: This is a weekly meme held by The Broke and the Bookish. If you want to know more, click here. This week's topic is the top ten books that I'd like to see be read in the next 30 years.

1.) Divergent by Veronica Roth- This was one of my favorite books, and I could honestly see ou future turning into something similar to the factions in Divergent and Insurgent. If you think about it, much of our society could be classified by the five factions in the book, and I love that Veronica Roth could see that.

2.) Everneath by Brodi Ashton- This is kind of a weird book to keep around, but I personally thought this book was an amazing book. This book told the myth of Persephone and Hades, which I think is an amazing Greek myth. It was retold in a modern way very well and I LOVED it.

3.) Call of the Wild by Jack London- This is a timeless story. I read this book because it was school assigned but I honestly fell in love with it. It retells Darwin and Nietzsche's theories on "survival of the fittest" and how the world really is. I love realistic books like this and I would love to see it still as a classic 30 years from now.

4.) The Nightshade series by Andrea Cremer- I absolutely adored these books. There were so unique and original and I love books like that. I think young adults even 30 years from now would still enjoy this amazing trilogy.

5.) The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins- I read these book before they turned into a huge hit and made into a movie, and I loved Katniss and Peeta. This whole story is incredible and I enjoyed all three of these books so much. I want my grandkids to read these books and hopefully enjoy them as much as I did.
"And may the odds be ever in your favor..." <3

6.) Animal Farm by George Orwell- Again, this is a strange pick, but this was another school assigned book that I really enjoyed. It's an allegory that retells World War II (yes, I love books about history hahah). It's a timeless story and it's so creative. Orwell (also know as Eric Blair) wrote an incredible and risky novel about one of the most devasting events in history.


7.) The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling- It's Harry Potter, nuff said. I'm sure many people agree with me on this one.


8.) Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi- I loved this book and it was extremely well written. It's a book I would want to read again 10 years from now, it was just that great.


9.) Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins- This book was so unique and original, I don't see how it COULDN'T be around 30 years from now. I just recently read this book and I'm still having withdrawal issues. Again, this is another book I would want to read a few years from now.


10.) The Selection by Kiera Cass- This was a book I finished recently, and I loved it. I added it because it's one of my personal favorites along with a few others on here and I love the originality of it. Kiera Cass made an awesome debut novel. (:


What about you? What books would you like to see sticking around in our future? (:

3 comments:

  1. It seems as though Harry Potter and Hunger Games have made a lot of people's lists =) Including my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divergent and Shatter Me are both GREAT additions. I had almost included Shatter Me...so hard to narrow it down to 10!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry Potter isn't going to go anywhere, I'm certain. It's a modern classic. I just hope children aren't watching the movies instead of reading the books in future.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you guys make my day, and blogging in general, so much better. If you want to leave your thoughts on this post or a link back to your site, I'd love that. I'll do my best to comment back(: Thanks for reading. ♥