Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Title: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Genre: Dystopian, YA
Release date: October 31, 2008
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Series: #1 in The Hunger Games Trilogy
Source: Personally purchased
374 pages
Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with everyone out to make sure you don't live to see the morning?
In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survival is definitely her cup of tea.

Review:

I love this book, I really do. The combination of action, romance, and suspense just made this a winner for me. Katniss is one kick-butt character.

She knows how to survive in the woods and she's extremely brave. Then we have Gale, her hunting partner, her best friend, and he's definitely not so bad looking. Then Peeta, who's just as brave and even when they were young, Peeta would do anything for Katniss. There's definitely a love trial in the book's equation, and I, like most people, were bouncing from Gale to Peeta and back again.

This book had me from beginning to end. It was one that I refused to put down and got caught reading in the middle of class. I don't have any cons about this book. Suzanne Collins put just enough detail to not leave you confused and in the dark. This book was definitely a great way to start a series. By the way, I suggest you read the books before you see the movie.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from you guys make my day, and blogging in general, so much better. If you want to leave your thoughts on this post or a link back to your site, I'd love that. I'll do my best to comment back(: Thanks for reading. ♥