Monday, June 18, 2012

Unraveling the Week: 6/18-6/24


Welcome to Unraveling the Week, a new weekly post that I plan on doing every Monday. This is a post created by me that's meant to give an overview of the many events coming up in the blogging world that I participate in, also including new book releases and upcoming book reviews that are in the near future. Since this is my first week doing this, there may be a few flaws that I'll fix up as the weeks progress. Who knows, this could turn into a public blogging meme, where a bunch of bloggers can broadcast their plans for the week and the new things that they're excited for, which I think would be frickin' awesome. This week's post is an overview of things going on between today (June 18th) and Sunday (June 24th).

New Releases:
Violins of Autumn by Amy McAuley
Release date: June 19, 2012
Publisher: Walker & Company
Amazon | Goodreads
When the Germans begin bombing London in World War II, Betty is determined to do her part. Instead of running air raid drills like most girls her age, she lies about her age and trains to become a spy. Now known by her secret agent persona, Adele Blanchard, she finds herself parachuting over German-occupied France under the cover of darkness to join the secret Resistance movement. Prepared to die for her cause, Adele wasn’t expecting to make a new best friend in her fellow agent or fall for a handsome American pilot. With the brutality of war ever present, can Adele dare to dream of a future where the world is at peace and she is free to live and love of her own accord?
 Burn Mark by Laura Powell
Release date: June 19, 2012
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
Glory is from a family of witches and lives beyond the law. She is desperate to develop her powers and become a witch herself. Lucas is the son of the Chief Prosecutor for the Inquisition—the witches’ mortal enemy—and his privileged life is very different to the forbidden world that he lives alongside.
And then on the same day, it hits them both. Glory and Lucas develop the Fae—the mark of the witch. In one fell stroke, their lives are inextricably bound together, whether they like it or not.

Something Like Normal by Trisha Doller
Release date: June 19, 2012
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
Amazon | Goodreads
When Travis returns home from a stint in Afghanistan, his parents are splitting up, his brother’s stolen his girlfriend and his car, and he’s haunted by nightmares of his best friend’s death. It’s not until Travis runs into Harper, a girl he’s had a rocky relationship with since middle school, that life actually starts looking up. And as he and Harper see more of each other, he begins to pick his way through the minefield of family problems and post-traumatic stress to the possibility of a life that might resemble normal again. Travis’s dry sense of humor, and incredible sense of honor, make him an irresistible and eminently lovable hero.
I must say, Something Like Normal looks like an AMAZING read. I'm hoping to get my hands on a copy of it ASAP!

Weekly Meme's/Posts
Monday: Unraveling the Week by Backwood Reviews
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesdays by The Broke and the Bookish (Topic: TT Books on My Summer TBR List)
Wednesday: "Waiting on" Wednesday #4 by Breaking the Spine
Also, the winner of my giveaway will be announced.
Thursday: What's Next? #2 by IceyBooks (subject to change)
Friday: TGIF #1 by GReads (Topic: Author's Are Our Celebrities)
Saturday: off day
Sunday: In My Mailbox #3 by The Story Siren

Book Updates and Reviews
Currently, I'm reading The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater, so I'm hoping to get the review for that posted by the end of the week. After finishing that, I'm going to either start The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa or The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff. Such a tough decision.

Anyways, that's pretty much what Unraveling the Week is going to be like, and as the weeks go on, there will be a few tweaks here and there to make it a better post. I'd really appreciate your guys' comments and your thoughts about this post. Feedback is really important to me and I'd love to here what you guys think and how to improve. Thanks so much (:


1 comment:

  1. Violins of Autumn and Something Like Normal look so amazing! I'm really excited to read them ASAP.(:

    Ah, The Scorpio Races is so amazing! Everyone should read it for writing style alone. Not to mention plot, characters...etc. And man-eating horses. I mean...freakin' man-eating horses. Hope you love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you guys make my day, and blogging in general, so much better. If you want to leave your thoughts on this post or a link back to your site, I'd love that. I'll do my best to comment back(: Thanks for reading. ♥